While we hate to see you go, we understand that storage does not last forever. So when you are ready to vacate your unit, the following tips can help make the process of moving out of your storage space go smoothly for you.
· Empty your storage space – Be sure to completely clear out everything in your storage unit and remove it from the property so that we can close out your account. Items left in the unit or on the property will result in your deposit being forfeited.
· Tidy up – Please sweep out your unit and clean up any spills.
· Remove the lock- The lock on your storage unit belongs to you, so be sure to take it with you so that you can use it again. Because you have the only key, if you leave your lock on the unit, the space is still considered occupied by you even if you know there is nothing inside.
· Optional: Let us know you’re leaving – While we do not require it, please let us know that you have moved out of your unit. This is a great time to update your address in order for us to mail any deposit back to you. You can do this in the office or leave us a message on our phone recording system.
· Reminder: We do not pro-rate move out, so many people choose to move out of their unit(s) at the end of the month. There will be no refunds given except the deposit (only after the unit has been inspected and the account is closed).
Thank you for choosing Steve’s Assured Security Storage and we hope to see you back again soon.